Ring in the new year with some new ideas for your marketing efforts. We’ve compiled a list of five top marketing tips to get you started fresh.
- Get more social. By now almost everyone has a Twitter account or a YouTube channel, but are you leveraging your social media efforts or just putting noise out into the world? Make sure you are interacting with your followers and continuing to seek a new audience. If you are speaking at a conference, put your social handles on your slide show. List them on your business cards, and your other face-to-face marketing opportunities, like sticky screen cleaner gifts.
- Get offline. Of course you have to be online, but have you thought about how to market your brand on the streets? Try flyers at local coffee shops, sidewalk chalk ads, murals on buildings, or sponsoring local events or services, like urban bike rentals.
- Try a contest. Use your social media accounts to hold a video or picture contest. It costs you next to nothing (except for the free product or services you give away), bumps up your social media interaction, and let’s your fun side show.
- Host a webinar. You’re an expert in something, right? Show off that knowledge. Host a webinar or at the very least make a slide show and start sharing your knowledge with your customer base. They’ll thank you for it and start coming back for more.
- Make it a game. We all love games. It’s just in our nature. How can you use gamification for your products or services to get more engagement? Do you have an app? Do you have a customer loyalty program? Starbucks uses one of the simplest gamifactions to give customers loyalty stars that add up to free drinks. It doesn’t have to be complicated. It just needs to be fun!
Creativity is the name of the game here. If you do something that not only stands out in your target market’s mind, but refreshes them with a new approach, they will remember your brand forever. The only difference between people that follow the trends and people that push the trends forward is creativity. If you take some time to really dissect how your target market lives, what they want, what their pain points are, and where they spend their time, you will be able to creatively engage your base.
Enjoy the new year and let’s get brainstorming!
Do you Like Us?