OPTOMA HD27 HOME THEATER
PROJECTOR REVIEW (1080p 3d dlp)
Updated March 2017: If you’re on a strict budget yet still want to enjoy a large screen experience of the movie theater in the comfort of your own home, this may be what you’re looking for. You don’t have to spend an exorbitant amount of money to enjoy a home movie theater system. This model is affordable on nearly any budget and it’s a high-quality product that offers up plenty of benefits for users.
The Optoma HD27 Home Theater Projector offers you plenty of options for home use. Let’s take a moment to explore some of these options and find out what everyone is talking about in our product review of the Optoma HD27 1080p 3D DLP Home Theater Projector.
The Optoma HD27 Home Theater Projector offers a modern compact design that fits any color scheme (unit is white). Ideal for home movie theater use and large get-together’s with family and friends.
Controls sit on top of the unit for ease of use or you can use the included remote control handheld unit. Easy access HDMI ports and other ports are in the rear of the unit.
The projector works well with gaming systems and Blu-Ray players as well as PCs, laptops, smartphones and tablets so you’re sure to have a quality picture regardless of which unit you’re using with this projector.
The lightweight and compact design makes this an excellent choice if you’re working and need to take it with you where ever you’re going. Since it’s around 5 pounds in weight you’ll appreciate how easy it is to pack it up and carry it to and from work or school in you need to utilise it for presentations.
The Optoma HD27 is one of the most advanced 1080p Home Theater Projectors available, sporting an amazing 3200 lumens, as well as 1920x1080 Full HD Resolution, It also boasts 1.1x Zoom, sRGB support, and a 25000:1 contrast ratio.
The Optoma HD27 Home Theater Projector is one of the best Home Theater Projectors that we have reviewed for watching regular HDTV programming and movies.
It also performs extremely well with Blu-ray movies, as well as the fast moving demands of sports programming. You’ll never have to miss another great sporting program with this in your home. Friends and family will love joining in and watching special events with you.
It’s also an Ideal projector for all of the gamers who prefer a big screen gaming experience. Regardless of what gaming system you’re using, or if you’re using your personal computer, you’ll be very impressed with the quality of the advanced optical lens, the sharp 1080p graphics as well as the vivid blacks that allow for a highly detailed graphics to make any gamecome alive. This will deepen the shadows as well as improve the texture of the picture. Resulting in a high-quality on-screen experience.
All video and photography enthusiasts will appreciate the RGB color space that offers up a rich and accurate color based on the true color of the source material.
Connectivity is great, working well with PCs, Mac’s, gaming systems as well as modern streaming devices like the Amazon FireStick, Apple TV, and Roku boxes. HDMI stick-type devices like the FireStick and Roku can connect directly to the projector as it has USB power-out socket providing the external power these devices require.
You can also connect your smartphone wirelessly making it ideal for viewing pictures and sharing web pages as well as other user-generated media content shared with family and friends.
Easy connectivity gives you 2x HDMI ports as well as MHL support and a built-in 10W speaker to give you sound directly from the unit if you need it for presentations and or small events.
The projector provides amazingly accurate color reproduction out of the box so everything is true to life.
Full HD 1080p resolution offers you a sharp and detailed image from all of your favorite HD content with no need to downscale or compresses your movies or photos.
As a bonus the projector makes an excellent presentation tool as well for the office, due to its compact size and weight.
Quick Resume: Ideal for allowing you to instantly flip the power back on if you’ve accidentally switched it off or if someone trips over a cord or sits on the remote.
Auto Power Off: Sometimes you’re in a hurry and leave without properly shutting the unit off. If no source is detected it will auto power off after a time so that you can save power and wear and tear of the unit.
Smart Projector: If you want to turn the projector into a smart display all you have to do is connect the HDCast Pro (sold separately)to stream your music, videos or photos on any big screen with your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream videos and share pictures on the big screen with easy to use technology. Ideal for expanding your options with this unit.
The Optoma HD27 Home Theater Projector is easy to set up and very versatile. boasting amazing color technology as well as conforming to the REC.709 which means that you can rely on an accurate true to life color representation.
If you get stuck on the set-up, you’ll be able to follow along easily with the enclosed CD manual that walks you through the entire set-up process without stress.
When it comes to small projectors that are perfect for watching live sporting events, television programming, and movies, you’re sure to appreciate that you can have them at your fingertips at any time of the day or night with this model. It’s like having your own personal big screen television and you can utilize all of your gaming systems, Blu-ray systems, smartphones, tablets, PCs, laptops and more with easy to connect ports with low input latency.
- Although you usually can’t anticipate too much performance from affordable models such as this, according to tests, this model offers up plenty of benefits for the price. No need to break the bank or the budget with this model.
- Output: Excellent even in ambient lighting in the testing room. Clear and concise image quality regardless of the light source. Ideal for using out on the patio or lanai as you won’t have to worry about adjusting the ambient lighting to enjoy your programming.
- Dynamic Black Technology: Dynamic black technology offers up more depth to imagery by a smoothly adjusting lamp output. This is based on the brightness specs for each frame creating a stunning yet high contrast scale. Bright scenes are crisper and clearer, while dark scenes will remain fully detailed with deep blacks as well as exceptional light and dark shade detail.
- Amazing Color Spectrum: Go ahead and give powerful presentations or educational lessons with these stunning colors that will hold their attention. You’ll love the Optoma HD27 Home Theater Projector as it offers up a reliable color performance that is ideal for any content and any environment. You’ll get accurate sRGB colors as well as truer lifelike imagery that offers up a vibrant punchy presentation that will hold their attention even in the most boring of meetings. There is a display mode for any specific need or requirement.
- Integrated Speaker: This complete home entertainment center offers up the ultimate in entertaining experience with a convenient powerful built-in speaker system. The built-in speaker system offers up an exceptional sound and is easy to set up without any costly external speakers.
- 24FPS: Most movies are done at 24 frames per second or FPS. The Optoma HD27 Home Theater Projector uses this same technology so that high definition is always at the forefront of imagery just as the directors intend it to be.
- Gaming Mode: An actual gaming mode optimizes your projector so that you’ll always enjoy the right lightning response times. The maximum contrast, as well as vivid colors, will capture every detail so you’ll have plenty of time to focus on winning.
- Lamp life: Most lamps have an expected lifetime of 6500 hours, however, this model has been reported to last over 8000 hours. Ideal for long movies and it should last for up to ten years at this rate.
- 3D: If you’re into 3D movies, this Optoma HD27 Home Theater Projector is an ideal option for your needs. Perfect for 3D Blu-ray players as well as all of the gaming systems.
Final Verdict – The Optoma HD27 Home Theater Projector is ideal for work, school and in home use. You’ll never want another system once you’ve tried this one.